Corydoras arcuatus vs granti?

What is the difference between arcuatus and granti? I bought 2 grantis a couple of months ago, I know they are suppose to be in schools but I bought all of the fish from someone who was quitting the hobby. Either way, one of the grantis died. My only living granti won't school with my venezuelanus (understandably) and corydoras granti seems actually impossible to find. I just found someone who sells arcuatus and they look identical! What is the difference, will they school?

On 5/27/2024 at 7:09 PM, VanDogh said:

What is the difference, will they school?

According to planet catfish. Granti have a shorter, blunter nose. Skunks hav a longer, straighter snout. Will they school??? Only one way to find out. I like my skunks, they’re usually very active. Either in groups or by themselves, skimming up and down plant leaves. They often used to hide in a school of 6. So I doubled them to 12. Now they are everywhere 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2024 at 3:06 AM, johnnyxxl said:

I know these aren't Cory's but I have 2 different types of barbs shoaling together.   Tiger barbs and black ruby's. 

I have never heard of black rubys, they look so cool! Are there many of each?

On 5/28/2024 at 4:49 AM, Tony s said:

According to planet catfish. Granti have a shorter, blunter nose. Skunks hav a longer, straighter snout. Will they school??? Only one way to find out. I like my skunks, they’re usually very active. Either in groups or by themselves, skimming up and down plant leaves. They often used to hide in a school of 6. So I doubled them to 12. Now they are everywhere 

Oh, really? How big tank do you keep them in? Even though my granti is single and keep to themselves they are still pretty active and not shy (they don't hide much.) My venezuelanus are only 3 individuals but I hope to spawn more fry so that their school can get bigger as they also seem hard to get

On 5/28/2024 at 3:36 PM, Tony s said:

No idea. Only shy corys I ever had. Well. Used to be shy anyway 😀

Good thing they're not shy anymore! Maybe the difference (between arcuatus and granti) is shyness, seeing how my granti isn't very shy 😆

• Haha 1

On 5/28/2024 at 9:40 AM, VanDogh said:

Good thing they're not shy anymore!

I never did understand why. They had 5 large angels and 9 dwarf rainbows as tank mates. Maybe the angels intimidated them. But not any more. Moving 2 pairs out of there into breeding tanks. But got 6 juvenile to take their place.