White fuzzy on cherry barb need help identifying

I’m going to repost something from colu.

“Could be columnaris that's a gram negative bacterial infections that spreads more quickly at temperatures over 75 and can kill in 24hr to 7 days depending on the stain I would usually recommend treating with kanaplex and jungal fungus clear fizz tabscontaining nitrofurazone following this treatment plan kanaplex and nitrofurazone can be harmful to shrimp so what I would do is two full course of maracyn2 active ingredient minocycline back to back.”

so you could follow this exactly with kanaplex. Or do 2 rounds of maracyn2. Your choice. I’d add aquarium salt, maybe 1 tablespoons per 5 gallons of water. If you do top offs during treatment, don’t add more salt. Only add salt to water changes, to only the water being added. And I’d give them an extra air stone. 

I’d also keep an eye out for the rest of your tank. If it spreads, you may just want to do the main tank 

image.png.8816014f515957841752302cfb9f0dd5.png

• Like 1

Could be a prolapse with secondary infection what I would do is treat kanaplex and jungal fungus clear fizz tabs and add epsom salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons for 5 days as Epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxant to help your fish reabsorb the prolapse @TanTann the fish man

• Like 1

On 5/27/2024 at 7:23 AM, Colu said:

Could be a prolapse with secondary infection what I would do is treat kanaplex and jungal fungus clear fizz tabs and add epsom salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons for 5 days as Epsom salt acts as a muscle relaxant to help your fish reabsorb the prolapse @TanTann the fish man

Awesome thank you!

On 5/26/2024 at 10:40 PM, Tony s said:

I’m going to repost something from colu.

“Could be columnaris that's a gram negative bacterial infections that spreads more quickly at temperatures over 75 and can kill in 24hr to 7 days depending on the stain I would usually recommend treating with kanaplex and jungal fungus clear fizz tabscontaining nitrofurazone following this treatment plan kanaplex and nitrofurazone can be harmful to shrimp so what I would do is two full course of maracyn2 active ingredient minocycline back to back.”

so you could follow this exactly with kanaplex. Or do 2 rounds of maracyn2. Your choice. I’d add aquarium salt, maybe 1 tablespoons per 5 gallons of water. If you do top offs during treatment, don’t add more salt. Only add salt to water changes, to only the water being added. And I’d give them an extra air stone. 

I’d also keep an eye out for the rest of your tank. If it spreads, you may just want to do the main tank 

image.png.8816014f515957841752302cfb9f0dd5.png

Thank you for taking the time to get that!