I may be working in a fish lab…

Hi all! I don’t have many people to tell, so I thought I may as well tell you all- 

There is a very good chance that I may be working in a fish lab!

Specifically, the lab studies cave fishes from around the world, and how they have adapted to their environment.  The lab studies their brain structure, and how certain species have lost their eyes. I’ll be working with certain cave tetras, hillstream loaches, and other species. To say I’m thrilled would be an understatement. I’ve always been interested in biology, and this could be the start of quite an interesting career!

• Like 4
  • Love 4

Sounds sweet! This is a good opportunity for you I bet, and it sounds very awesome! 

On 5/22/2024 at 7:04 PM, GoofyGarra said:

That sounds very cool. I would be fascinated to hear what you can share about many of these topics.

Same, I am so interested in stuff like this……… I would love to know some of your experiences!

• Like 1

On 5/22/2024 at 7:04 PM, GoofyGarra said:

That sounds very cool. I would be fascinated to hear what you can share about many of these topics.

Excited to share what I can!

On 5/23/2024 at 8:37 AM, jwcarlson said:

I hope it works out for you, @Zeaqua!

Are you already in the lab/research field or coming in from elsewhere?

First time in research! Excluding names for sake of privacy, but I’m in high school, and I recently met this neurologist. I’ve been emailing her, and she invited me to her lab at a state university to meet the fish and talk about working at the lab.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 5/23/2024 at 9:41 AM, Zeaqua said:

I’m in high school, and I recently met this neurologist. I’ve been emailing her, and she invited me to her lab at a state university to meet the fish and talk about working at the lab.

very cool!

I'm in a similar situation to you right now, hopefully i can find something as cool as you did.