Moving!!

Hi everyone!! I’m coming on here for some advice! Currently I live in Mountlake Terrace, but am moving to Oregon this summer. I have 5 20 gallon betta tanks who love their 7.3 Ph soft water here. Up there the town is running on well water, and the ph Is 8.2 and incredibly hard. Do I slowly adjust them to the higher ph, or do I run a large amount of tannins into their tank every water change to maintain softer water lower ph, any tips or advice? I’m starting to stress over this!! 

last question, I run some other tropical liverbearing tanks in crushed coral. Will I need to take the crushed coral out if they’re moving into well water or do I leave it in there? I don’t want the PH to skyrocket and overload them with minerals. Should I remove it or does the Crushed coral not affect anything if the water is already hard? 

Thank you for your time! Any tips or advice are 100% useful here :)

On 5/19/2024 at 9:50 PM, Fish Enthusiast said:

Should I remove it or does the Crushed coral not affect anything if the water is already hard? 

Crushed coral will only dissolve up to a certain point. Then stop raising your gh and ph. So no problem.

I have bettas in hard water, they’ll do just fine. If you want, you could start raising the ph with the crushed coral now. It would be slow enough with the coral. And they do fine on hard water as well. But it’s harder to adjust for that. So back to the coral in before the move 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

We had to get new carpet.  Had to drain my tank.  Put my favorite electric blue acara  year olds in a 5 gallon bucket in the shower with an air stone and clear wrap over the top.  In the AM found 2 that jumped out through the seam in the wrap.  Felt like garbage.  Do better thank did. 

• Sad 1