White fungus on corydora

flossy

What I would do is treat with maracyn and ick X if your quarantine tank is 10 gallons do a 50% water change daily redose ick X and put half a packet of maracyn back in to keep the medication at a therapeutic level  for 5 days then give an update @flossy

• Like 1

On 5/4/2024 at 3:56 PM, Colu said:

What I would do is treat with maracyn and ick X if your quarantine tank is 10 gallons do a 50% water change daily redose ick X and put half a packet of maracyn back in to keep the medication at a therapeutic level  for 5 days then give an update @flossy

The tank is 5 gallons and do I redose ick X as well of maracyn each day along with a 50% water change?

On 5/6/2024 at 4:24 AM, flossy said:

Also is it fine if I put in the para cleanse as well? @Colu

Redose ick X and and half a packet of maracyn daily for 7 days don't use paracleanse that medication won't have any effect and on fungal infections or possible secondary bacterial infections 

On 5/5/2024 at 7:51 PM, Colu said:

Redose ick X and and half a packet of maracyn daily for 7 days don't use paracleanse that medication won't have any effect and on fungal infections or possible secondary bacterial infections 

It hasn't been 7 days yet but there hasn't been any signs of improvement. The fungus has spread to other cories and one cory showed symptoms of parasites. I should have mentioned this at the beginning but the maracyn and paracleanse are expired by 2 years. @Colu

On 5/10/2024 at 9:53 AM, flossy said:

It hasn't been 7 days yet but there hasn't been any signs of improvement. The fungus has spread to other cories and one cory showed symptoms of parasites. I should have mentioned this at the beginning but the maracyn and paracleanse are expired by 2 years. @Colu

What are your water parameters just in case something off As it spread to other fish What I would do is treat with kanaplex and jungal fungus clear fizz tabs containing nitrofurazone following this treatment plan 

1000000030.png

Posted (edited)

Ph: 7.6

ammonia: 0 ppm 

nitrite: 0 ppm

nitrate: 0 ppm

i did a 50% water change each day

i will order kanaplex and the tabs but any recommendations for the parasites? @Colu
also should I do a water change to remove the current meds before adding the other meds?

Edited by flossy

On 5/11/2024 at 9:36 AM, flossy said:

Ph: 7.6

ammonia: 0 ppm 

nitrite: 0 ppm

nitrate: 0 ppm

i did a 50% water change each day

i will order kanaplex and the tabs but any recommendations for the parasites? @Colu
also should I do a water change to remove the current meds before adding the other meds?

Do a 50% water change add active carbon  to remove any remaining medication then do a course of kanaplex and jungal fungus clear fizz tabs after that give an update I would wait to see if kanaplex and jungal fungus does the trick before treating with anti-parasitic medication with can discuss this after the 5 day course of treatment 

Update: placed in a separate container with a air stone. Still laying on its side but breathing normally. I was told that this was caused by the stress of doing daily water changes and adding meds. @Colu

Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2024 at 10:20 AM, flossy said:

Update: placed in a separate container with a air stone. Still laying on its side but breathing normally. I was told that this was caused by the stress of doing daily water changes and adding meds. @Colu

Sorry late reply been travelling Meds can be stressful it could have just be weakened due to  illness what I would do is add small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 10 gallons that will aid Gill function and add essential electrolytes  if it survives till morning it might pull though 

Edited by Colu

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 5:46 AM, flossy said:

Also one of the gold cories top fin is ripped and isn't very active. It seems to always be breathing fast. 

when will  the kanaplex and jungal fungus  arrive what medication do you have to hand 

Edited by Colu

On 5/12/2024 at 5:24 PM, Colu said:

Do you when the kanaplex and jungal fungus will arrive what medication do you have to hand 

jungal fungus should arrive tomorrow by 10 pm and the kanaplex by tuesday. I currently have the med trio (expired) and a fresh bottle of ich x.

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 7:35 AM, flossy said:

jungal fungus should arrive tomorrow by 10 pm and the kanaplex by tuesday. I currently have the med trio (expired) and a fresh bottle of ich x.

I would wait and start treatment with kanaplex and jungal fungus clear fizz tabs as soon as you have both medication 

Edited by Colu
  • Like 1

On 5/13/2024 at 9:33 PM, flossy said:

Found the cory dead In the morning.

As you have lossed another Cory Start treating with jungal fungus clear fizz tabs straight away alter the treatment protocol for kanaplex do jungal fungus clear fizz tabs on days 1-5 do kanaplex on days 3-5-7 do an extra 25% water change on day 7 then redose kanaplex after 48hr do water change and add carbon to remove any remaining medication 

Posted (edited)

Decided to wait a day and follow the original treatment plan. Today is day 5 and yesterday i did a water change as there was .25 ppm of nitrite. Today there still is the same amount of nitrite but 0 ppm of ammonia and about 10 ppm of nitrate. Should I do another water change and also do I do an extra dose of fizz tabs today? (On the instructions) also still fungus on corydora.

IMG_0614.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by flossy

On 5/19/2024 at 9:38 PM, flossy said:

Other cories seem to have no fungus on them, should i move them to the main tank or wait till the other cory is free of fungus. @Colu

Is it just one Cory with fungus now I would wait till all the fish have fully recovered before moving them you don't want to risk introducing disease into your other tank 

On 5/21/2024 at 2:52 AM, flossy said:

Should I repeat the instructions for the tabs and kanaplex for another 5 days?

I wouldn't follow up with another course of kanaplex and jungal fungus clear  what I would do is add catappa leaves as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties you would have to add one leaf per gallon to get a beneficial effect and add aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 4  gallons at that level it won't harm your Cory's how many of your Cory's still have visible white patches