Interpet medication

Cjbear087

So just picked up these for my fish that either has dropsy or swim bladder disease. I plan on using the anti bacteria with salt for dropsy or swim bladder with salt for sb disease. Can anyone tell me if they have had any success with either of these medications or if they look like they should work based on the ingredients and stuff? Thabks

Looking at the active ingredients I don't think that interpret antibacterial treatment would be effective at treating dropsy if your fish has swim bladder you would treat treat with plane unscented epsom salts in a bath 1 table spoon for 1 gallon  for no more than 15 minutes for 5 days as Epsom salt acts a muscle relaxant to help relieve pressure on the swim bladder you should be able to get Sera bactopur direct tablet active ingredient nifurpirinol antibiotic treatment that should be readily available off Amazon or eBay  I would treat with that and aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallon if your fish has pineconing @Cjbear087

Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2024 at 11:52 PM, Colu said:

Looking at the active ingredients I don't think that interpret antibacterial treatment would be effective at treating dropsy if your fish has swim bladder you would treat treat with plane unscented epsom salts in a bath 1 table spoon for 1 gallon  for no more than 15 minutes for 5 days as Epsom salt acts a muscle relaxant to help relieve pressure on the swim bladder you should be able to get Sera bactopur direct tablet active ingredient nifurpirinol antibiotic treatment that should be readily available off Amazon or eBay  I would treat with that and aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallon if your fish has pineconing 

To be honest at this point I’ve kinda ruled out dropsy, I’ll keep this treatment plan in mind in case I ever have to deal with dropsy but for now I’ll just do the swim bladder treatment. So basically I got this Interpet salt and I’m not sure if it will be fine https://interpet.co.uk/product/test-treat/fish-treatments/aqualibrium-first-aid-salt-780g/ but it would be good if it is as saves me from having to buy another salt. And for swim bladder would just the salt baths be enough? 1tbsp for 1gal

Edited by Cjbear087
Change

On 5/5/2024 at 12:21 AM, Cjbear087 said:

To be honest at this point I’ve kinda ruled out dropsy, I’ll keep this treatment plan in mind in case I ever have to deal with dropsy but for now I’ll just do the swim bladder treatment. So basically I got this Interpet salt and I’m not sure if it will be fine https://interpet.co.uk/product/test-treat/fish-treatments/aqualibrium-first-aid-salt-780g/ but it would be good if it is as saves me from having to buy another salt. And for swim bladder would just the salt baths be enough? 1tbsp for 1gal

Actually scratch that got Epsom salts in the house. So just the baths will be good for swim bladder?

It one tablet for 50 litres salt aquarium salt and epsom safe to use with bactopur direct if your only seeing swim bladder at the moment I would do 5 days of epsom baths than follow up with sera bactopur direct tablets if your not seeing any improvement@Cjbear087

On 5/5/2024 at 6:36 AM, Cjbear087 said:

Actually scratch that got Epsom salts in the house. So just the baths will be good for swim bladder?

Epsom on its on its own will treat  swim bladder can be caused by a number of things such as an injury to the swim bladder bacterial infection of the swim bladder fish over eating and the stomach putting pressure on the swim bladder 

On 5/5/2024 at 12:38 AM, Colu said:

It one tablet for 50 litres salt aquarium salt and epsom safe to use with bactopur direct if your only seeing swim bladder at the moment I would do 5 days of epsom baths than follow up with sera bactopur direct tablets if your not seeing any improvement@Cjbear087

Epsom on its on its own will treat  swim bladder can be caused by a number of things such as an injury to the swim bladder bacterial infection of the swim bladder fish over eating and the stomach putting pressure on the swim bladder 

Ok I’ll do the 5 day salt dips and get back to you. So are you saying the tablets are for the dropsy and not the swim bladder?

On 5/5/2024 at 7:01 AM, Cjbear087 said:

Ok I’ll do the 5 day salt dips and get back to you. So are you saying the tablets are for the dropsy and not the swim bladder?

for bacterial infections they can effect the swim bladder I  thought your fish had swim bladder and dropsy must have read it wrong 

On 5/5/2024 at 1:06 AM, Colu said:

for bacterial infections they can effect the swim bladder I  thought your fish had swim bladder and dropsy must have read it wrong 

My fish I believe has either swim bladder or dropsy (although I don’t think dropsy) but tbh I’m starting to lean towards bad bloating and maybe no sb disease. If it is just bloating I should still do the salt bath dips right? I’ll do the salt bath dips for bloat for 5 days then see if he’s back to normal and if not I’ll further inspect and seek more advice. But tbf I think the salt baths will do good. Sound like a good plan?

On 5/5/2024 at 7:09 AM, Cjbear087 said:

My fish I believe has either swim bladder or dropsy (although I don’t think dropsy) but tbh I’m starting to lean towards bad bloating and maybe no sb disease. If it is just bloating I should still do the salt bath dips right? I’ll do the salt bath dips for bloat for 5 days then see if he’s back to normal and if not I’ll further inspect and seek more advice. But tbf I think the salt baths will do good. Sound like a good plan?

Yes Fast for 5 days and epsom salt baths 

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2024 at 1:33 AM, Colu said:

Yes Fast for 5 days and epsom salt baths 

So all in all the plan:

Fast for 5 days starting tomorrow, I’m not at home today and won’t be able to do baths so I’ll feed today so I’ll be able to do the salt baths on the same day I start fasting tomorrow (this okay?)

Do Epsom salt baths 1x a day for 5 days (1tbsp for 1 gallons) and bath fish for 15 minutes at a time

Edited by Cjbear087

On 5/5/2024 at 7:09 AM, Cjbear087 said:

Yes that's fine