african tank

I have 100 gallon long tank I'm trying to do an African style tank, no cichlids. I'm really into ctenopomas. I have 6 baby bush fish and looking to get some leaf fish as well. Is there any other fish that would fit well  and mesh with the ctenopomas and what I'm trying to do. I have found several kinds of ctenopomas but not really available. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

From what I have read Leopard bush fish can get aggressive  so I wouldn't mix different species of ctenopoma I would  get a group of congo Tetra's for dither fish you could add some  synodontis catfish for the lower part of the tank @SOLOMON B

Edited by Colu
  • Like 4

I would also suggest synodontis cats. They are really active and nice to look at. I would suggest petricola if you wanted to get several as they don’t get big. A decent school of them really liven up the bottom of a tank. I’ve kept them with mbuna for years, they deal with aggression just fine and are not aggressive themselves. Also they are great at cleaning up uneaten food, so anti nitrate bonus!

• Like 1

I have a glass knife fish still a baby/juvenile. Would the leaf fish be compatible with the glass knife. He is quite shy. I have an 80 gallon with the knife fish And a yellow seam pleco. 100 gallon is with 6 baby bushfish.