Lump on Gourami!

Mikon77

Hello! Just yesterday I added a dwarf flame gourami to my tank. He looked healthy when I got him and seemed to adjust well when I added him to the tank. He even ate last night.

However, today I noticed he has a lump on one of his sides! He still seems to be behaving pretty normally, and has no issues swimming. What could this possibly be? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My water parameters are…

Ph: 7.8

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 10

Gh: 11

Kh: 3

Temp: 76

IMG_2504.jpeg

IMG_2503.jpeg

IMG_2502.jpeg

On 4/22/2024 at 2:57 PM, Colu said:

Could be bloated due over eating  or constipated what I would do is fast for a couple of days to see if the bloating goes down @Mikon77

Ok, thank you! I’ll hold off on feeding him then. I’m just worried it may be something very serious, especially since the lump wasn’t there yesterday. 

On 4/22/2024 at 9:09 PM, Mikon77 said:

Ok, thank you! I’ll hold off on feeding him then. I’m just worried it may be something very serious, especially since the lump wasn’t there yesterday. 

Is the lump only one side 

On 4/22/2024 at 9:23 PM, Mikon77 said:

Yes, his other side looks perfectly normal.

It still could be an intestinal blockage if it were a growth it wouldn't have gotten that big in 24hr I would still fast and monitor if you notice any other symptoms or he gets worse give me an update 

On 4/22/2024 at 3:32 PM, Colu said:

It still could be an intestinal blockage if it were a growth it wouldn't have gotten that big in 24hr I would still fast and monitor if you notice any other symptoms or he gets worse give me an update 

Ok, I’ll keep an eye on him and see what happens these next few days. Other than that, he is still swimming around normally and exploring.

• Like 1

Update: 

He’s all better now!!! It was definitely just intestinal blockage. I woke up this morning and noticed the lump was completely gone, and a pretty big mess was left in the tank. Thankfully it’s my water changing day!

• Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 1:41 PM, Mikon77 said:

Update: 

He’s all better now!!! It was definitely just intestinal blockage. I woke up this morning and noticed the lump was completely gone, and a pretty big mess was left in the tank. Thankfully it’s my water changing day!

If this becomes a recurring issue I would look at what your feeding 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 10:00 AM, Colu said:

If this becomes a recurring issue I would look at what your feeding 

Ok, I’ll keep an eye out. So far I’ve only fed him Xtreme Krill Flakes. I also have some Hikari bloodworms and vibra bites, but he hasn’t had those yet. I’ll try those next and see.