Fish room layout

gabdewulf

Hey

So my basement has no internal walls, which makes heating my tanks rather expensive. For the past year, I have been settling into the house and now I'm starting to plan on additions to the house. I'm thinking of adding some internal walls as additional support in my basement which conveniently can create a nice, enclosed space for heat trapping. Year round without heat, my basement would run 45 to 60 degrees.

So this is roughly what I'm planning. Some this is already setup and some of is I have the equipment to setup. The tanks up and running all with separate heaters and air pumps. I have two floor oil heaters supplementing the tank heaters. 75g are up and running. One rack is running with 4x 40s but must be moved. I have a piston pump that isn't setup yet because everything is spread out and doesn't seem worthwhile if about to rearrange.

2 pillars are grey brick and the house's support for the main beam (not messing with them). Cabinets and sink already in place and may come out/redone (in the future/one project at a time.) The gray boxes are planned internal walls, again to provide additional house support and create an enclosed space for heat trapping. Also, will finish with a door too in the open space.

I have wiring ran and may have to shift some of it around the new walls. Plus, might have to add another circuit where the racks are even though just added a circuit there for some DIY racks on the existing wall.

Should be a simple pipe ring for the O2 around the room.

Dk about auto water change at this point but, even with the additions, shouldn't be too hard to add a drainpipe around the room in the future aimed at the sink. There's also an existing cast iron pipe from the sink along the wall from the sink and behind the cabinets which may be replaced one day, but nothing looking to messing with that for now.

So, what do you guys think? See any issues or potential headaches/mistakes?

image.png.7ab0b293b5eba41510f1fe6a44a677d7.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...