Gup’s New Fishroom Build

On 8/1/2024 at 11:47 PM, Odd Duck said:

I wish I had at least one space that was ready,

This is where I began.  I had to strip carpet insulate foundation stone, pain, redo the hvac etc etc etc. 

Prior to starting it seemed insurmountable.  Once started it seemed it would be overwhelming and never finished.  After the demolition stage was over and the first step toward the future was made the weight of the world lifted from my shoulders and it felt as though it was possible. 

On 8/1/2024 at 11:47 PM, Odd Duck said:

Hopefully you’re down to the tidying up stages only?  

Mostly but not entirely.  I need to build an egg hatch shelf. I’m working on killifish to complete that BAP category. I’ve completed catfish and inverts. Only 2 away from completing new world cichlids.

I still need to build in my brine shrimp hatching shelf and move all my wall mount storage down as well as my 6 door hang storage units which desperately need cleaned out first.  
The rest is the organization and finding homes for the 10 tons of “needful things” equipment and “stuff” I’ve collected over the years. 🙄

Most if that goes along the dedicated fish wall in the garage but first I have to clean and organize that wall before I can even consider taking more STUFF down. 🤣

This is the first time in my life I wish I had had free labor…I mean children to help 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4

On 8/2/2024 at 8:21 AM, Guppysnail said:

This is the first time in my life I wish I had had free labor…I mean children to help

Thats an expectations vs reality situation.

Half the time you end up begging for help for so long that you get mad and do it yourself. The other half of the time they want a big favor in return and you can sense the 'big ask' coming by their willingness to 'help'.... 

Edited by JoeQ
  • Haha 4