Water temp

Are there any tricks to keeping my fish tanks cool throughout the summer months? I live in an upstairs apt and it gets hot during the summer, i dont wnna cook my fish lol....Any ideas??

Evaporation will cool them to some extent.  But that may mean more topping off and certainly higher humidity.  With tight fitting lids I find that evaporation doesn't take much water out.

How hot is hot?  Some fish might not mind it at all, but some fish might have a really bad time.

On 4/9/2024 at 11:58 AM, BIRD0887 said:

Are there any tricks to keeping my fish tanks cool throughout the summer months? I live in an upstairs apt and it gets hot during the summer, i dont wnna cook my fish lol....Any ideas??

I remember before living in an apartment without AC in the living room and that's where I had my tank setup. Tank temp got to 85 which was not ideal for my planted tank and stocking. I froze water bottles to float on the tank and also got some mini fans with clips. I did have to top off a lot because I had the an blowing on the water surface tho but that's better than my fish suffering from the heat.

• Like 1

So i have 4 tanks, one is a goldfish tank im not to worried about, but at the last of summer last yr, my only tank was in the mid 80s....i used ice to cool it off. I plan on getting 2 acs to run but my electric bill is alrdy high w 4 tanks lol. Maybe ill try the frozen water bottle thing