Re-introducing nerite after No Planaria?

gogomarigo

I used No Planaria as directed to get rid of hydra. The last dose was a few days ago.

Since then, I’ve done a couple of 40% water changes. I’ve also added some Seachem Matrix Carbon in a media bag to my tank (perched on my sponge filter, just slightly in range of the bubbles). I have a 10 gallon tank.

Has anyone successfully re-introduced an ornamental snail (mystery, nerite, etc.) after using No Planaria? I can’t seem to find a definite answer anywhere...

I’ve read three 50% water changes and adding carbon for 24 hours. But I’ve also read that after two months of water changes and carbon, snails still perish.

It may depend on the amount you dose. In my 10 gallon blue shrimp tank I used a postage scale to weigh it out as mine did not come with a spoon. I used slightly less than the recommended dose based on some other forum reading. The vorticella and planaria were gone and after a couple water changes the bladder/pond snails continued to live and thrive. I used a tiny carbon cartridge for a 3 gallon tetra filter for a few days as well. I don't usually condone sacrificing animals, but maybe test with some "pest" snails for a week or two. Since they are smaller I think they would be affected much quicker. Good luck and hopefully you can get your lil buddy back into his/her home soon. 

• Like 1