Columnaris?

Buttchinart

Could be columnaris that's a gram negative bacterial infection that spreads more quickly at temperatures over 75 and can kill in 24hr to 7 days depending on the stain the most effective treatment is kanaplex and jungal fungus clear fizz tabs containing nitrofurazone following this treatment plan if you have shrimp in your tank I would quarantine any fish symptoms as kanaplex and jungal fungus can be harmful to them and treat with medication I recommended I would check your water parameters just in case something off @Buttchinart

1000000030.png

Edited by Colu

Thanks for the information. I have the kanaplex on hand. Just ordered the jungle fungus clear. It will be here friday. I have been watching this fish for awhile now. Like 3 weeks this gray spot has been visible. Pics don't show it but sometimes it looks like it is inside the body? But that could just an illusion. Its active and eats everytime food is offered. 

75 gallon tank

Water parameters

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 5-20 API master test kit I cant tell the difference in the oranges in that range

PH low 7's 

I dont test gh/kh. I have really soft tap water. Like 40ppm Tds out of the tap.

If anyone else has any ideas, post them up. 

On 4/4/2024 at 1:56 AM, Buttchinart said:

Thanks for the information. I have the kanaplex on hand. Just ordered the jungle fungus clear. It will be here friday. I have been watching this fish for awhile now. Like 3 weeks this gray spot has been visible. Pics don't show it but sometimes it looks like it is inside the body? But that could just an illusion. Its active and eats everytime food is offered. 

75 gallon tank

Water parameters

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 5-20 API master test kit I cant tell the difference in the oranges in that range

PH low 7's 

I dont test gh/kh. I have really soft tap water. Like 40ppm Tds out of the tap.

If anyone else has any ideas, post them up. 

If it's been going on for three weeks very unlikely to be columnaris that would have killed your fish by now can you try and get a better picture 

On 4/4/2024 at 3:34 AM, Buttchinart said:

Yes I believe it has gotten bigger. Maybe more dense looking, if that makes sense. Could it be an internal parasite? From what I can tell, it seems to be in the meaty part of the fish. 

As it's internal and not on the surface that rules out columnaris I have seen similar internal masses there not caused by a parasitc infection it won't spread to your other fish treatment options there's not a lot i could suggest other than monitor for now 

Edited by Colu