Glue for Sticking internal built in filter to glass

My friends built in internal filter has de-attched from the glass because it was left in a hot shed, can we use Fourish Super Glue to glue it back onto the glass?

On 4/2/2024 at 7:07 AM, mynameisnobody said:

how does silicon hold up backgrounds? Only 1 surface it touches is glass, yet it works. 

Silicon will adhere to many different material but it may be a weak bond. For foam backgrounds, silicone will not adhere to the slick surface of cured "Great stuff" foam. But if you cut off the top layer, it will bond to it. Silicone will form a decent bond to cut edges of PVC material but not to the factory finish surfaces. 

For my sump filter which use PVC sheet stock, I leave a gap between the PVC and glass then fill it in with silicone. This creates a gasket around the PVC which is a strong bond. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/1/2024 at 9:54 PM, Samuel said:

can we use Fourish Super Glue to glue it back onto the glass?

I believe super glue does not bond well to glass and silicone may not bond well to the plastic filter. . What you can so, use the super glue/cotton ball trick to create tabs on the filter , this will create a surface for the silicone. So next apply silicone to the glass and super glue tabs.

On 4/2/2024 at 7:20 AM, madmark285 said:

Silicon will adhere to many different material but it may be a weak bond.

I find it adheres equally strong to most materials, though I will admit I haven't worked with it that much on plastics. But, glass, wood, ceramics, porcelain etc. it creates a very strong bond (wood being the weakest in that list).

I guess one could do a simple test and then adjust from there.