Watch out for those 220v pumps on eBay!

Moz

Just wanted to give people a heads up on those submersible water pumps they sell on eBay. They're 220v and by the time you realize it, it's to late! 220v won't work here in the US and you would think they know better. Very tricky and dishonest!

Mine came with standard plug but it's 220. Know it's useless for me! It was my fault for not fully reading the description. It turns on but fails bad under water.

On 3/22/2024 at 3:24 PM, Moz said:

fails bad under water

It'd fail bad under any kind of load. it's missing a power leg. only 1 hot wire, it wants 2. often that's how I know I've blown a fuse. motors just stop working and won't take load. mine are much bigger fuses though. usually 200 amp. 

can you return it? I don't shop there usually so don't know.

the first one I bought from amazon was only 1/2 horse and around 20$ the problem with it, it's head lift was for 14 feet. the angel tank top is at 15'. on the second-floor balcony. if you're just going to be flat on 1 floor, 1/2 horse would be great.

the second was 3/4 horse and works perfect for around 50$

On 3/23/2024 at 11:37 PM, Moz said:

How big is your tank?

I have 12. Anywhere from 10g to 75g. 240g in total   I usually use Ro water and remineralize it a 30g brute trash bin. Usually takes me all week to do water changes. Having to fill the trash can takes all night sometimes