Water Parameters

My tank is almost 3 months old. I have an albino pleco, Hillsdale loach, 6 pristella tetras, German blue ram, 2 platys, 7 baby platys, 4 Julie and 4 black loaches, a lot of plants and some shrimp.

Everything looks good? Except for the hi ph. Should I be worried about the hi ph? I am using Father Fish substrate with his additive pack.

IMG_0878.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 4:57 PM, Boston Bill said:

My tank is almost 3 months old. I have an albino pleco, Hillsdale loach, 6 pristella tetras, German blue ram, 2 platys, 7 baby platys, 4 Julie and 4 black loaches, a lot of plants and some shrimp.

Everything looks good? Except for the hi ph. Should I be worried about the hi ph? I am using Father Fish substrate with his additive pack.

IMG_0878.jpg

Ph there isn’t to high I would say, looks like 7.6 or maybe a tad higher, I would not worry about it unless those fish require lower ph @Boston Bill.

• Like 2

Agreed that you shouldn’t chase pH. If the fish are doing well, let them. No point in stressing everyone out, yourself included, chasing a number that doesn’t matter most of the time. I’ve had 14 tanks for almost 4 years, and I’ve tested pH maybe 3 times. Focus on consistency and you’ll be good. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1