Not sure if this is bloat

knee

Really worried about my clown killi. I just treated this tank about a month ago and since then didn’t have any issues but when I got home I saw one of my male clown killis looking like this. There’s also a wound on the right pectoral fin but when I observed him he is still able to use it. I was thinking if an Epsom salt bath but the wound on the fin worries me and I don’t wanna cause more hurt or distress. 

IMG_1051.jpeg

IMG_1050.jpeg

IMG_1049.jpeg

IMG_1048.jpeg

IMG_1047.jpeg

Could have tried to jump and injured itself on the lid I wouldn't do epsom salt baths in this case it can be stressful what I would suggest is adding Indian almond leaves as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties you might have to add one leaf per gallon to get a beneficial effect and monitor if you notice it getting worse then I would do a course of kanaplex 

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2024 at 7:31 PM, Colu said:

Could have tried to jump and injured itself on the lid I wouldn't do epsom salt baths in this case it can be stressful what I would suggest is adding Indian almond leaves as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties you might have to add one leaf per gallon to get a beneficial effect and monitor if you notice it getting worse then I would do a course of kanaplex 

Thanks @Colu!

Also forgot to add that the scales are a bit raised that’s why I immediately thought of bloat and Epsom salt. 

On 3/20/2024 at 2:48 AM, knee said:

Thanks @Colu!

Also forgot to add that the scales are a bit raised that’s why I immediately thought of bloat and Epsom salt. 

If you have pineconing that can be caused by a number of things organ failure parasitic infections bacterial infections over eating do you have a tank you can use to  quarantine him 

On 3/19/2024 at 7:49 PM, Colu said:

If you have pineconing that can be caused by a number of things organ failure parasitic infections bacterial infections over eating do you have a tank you can use to  quarantine him 

Yes. I have one of the 5g totes that I can use for quarantine. Do I treat with anything or just separate?

On 3/20/2024 at 2:50 AM, knee said:

Yes. I have one of the 5g totes that I can use for quarantine. Do I treat with anything or just separate?

With pineconing that can be associated with dropsy that can be caused by a number of things the most effective treatment I have found is aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons that will help with any possible fluid buildup and do a course of kanaplex to treat any possible internal bacterial infections causing pineconing  metroplex in food feeding a small amount twice a day for 3 weeks 

1000000024.png

On 3/19/2024 at 7:55 PM, Colu said:

With pineconing that can be associated with dropsy that can be caused by a number of things the most effective treatment I have found is aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons that will help with any possible fluid buildup and do a course of kanaplex to treat any possible internal bacterial infections causing pineconing  metroplex in food feeding a small amount twice a day for 3 weeks 

1000000024.png

Noted! Also I have medicated fish food from Ron’s cichlids. Not sure if I’m allowed to post the link here because they also sell fish. But I took a screenshot of the description for it. It doesn’t specify what’s in it but it does say what it treats 

IMG_1052.jpeg

IMG_1053.jpeg

On 3/20/2024 at 2:59 AM, knee said:

Noted! Also I have medicated fish food from Ron’s cichlids. Not sure if I’m allowed to post the link here because they also sell fish. But I took a screenshot of the description for it. It doesn’t specify what’s in it but it does say what it treats 

IMG_1052.jpeg

IMG_1053.jpeg

Do you no what the active ingredient is in the medicated food

On 3/19/2024 at 8:03 PM, Colu said:

Do you no what the active ingredient is in the medicated food

It doesn’t say on the bag and he also has a YouTube video but I don’t recall him specifying which meds are in the food. I sent a message to his Facebook page but I’ll probably get a response tomorrow. I’ve also looked at the comments on his video to see if anyone asked for the meds but nobody ever asked. 

I have fed them this food before when I was treating for something else and it actually helped. I haven’t had any issues for weeks until today

here’s the vid in case I missed anything 

• Like 1

Just noticed you put it it doesn't specify what's in the medication looking at what it treats I would assume it contains antibiotic possible metroplex and levamisole or praziquantel I would do a course of the medicated food and add aquarium salt at 1 table spoon for 2 gallons @knee

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2024 at 8:19 PM, Colu said:

Just noticed you put it it doesn't specify what's in the medication looking at what it treats I would assume it contains antibiotic possible metroplex and levamisole or praziquantel I would do a course of the medicated food and add aquarium salt at 1 table spoon for 2 gallons @knee

Alright will do this tonight. Thank you again @Colu 🙌🏼🙌🏼

• Like 1