Dose my Fish have canncer or Bacterial infection?

MichaelL710

Ph:7.2

Nitrate:25

Hardness:150

Buffer:80

Ammonia:0

Hello fellow fish nerms, I notice today one of my galaxy Rasboras have some red bump on his body. I have never seen anything like this before. I am guessing it's cancer or bacteria infection. I already put marcyen in the tank. If any knows what this could be and how they treat that would be great to know. Thank you 

17106026737913222768969865102817.jpg

If he’s got cancer. There’s not much you can do. So if you want to treat it for bacterial infection. That would probably be appropriate. Would be better for the moment if you could isolate him. Hopefully it’s not spreading to the rest. And it’s easier to treat a small tank. You could do 1 tbsp per 5 gallons of aquarium salt and treat with an either maracyn2 or kanaplex. Following directions closely 

Edited by Tony s
Missed typing salt dose

Ok thank you I will see if I can make room in my fish room. And I will continue the maracyn2. Once I isolate him should I also treat the existing tank he's in or no?

On 3/16/2024 at 2:46 PM, Tony s said:

If he’s got cancer. There’s not much you can do. So if you want to treat it for bacterial infection. That would probably be appropriate. Would be better for the moment if you could isolate him. Hopefully it’s not spreading to the rest. And it’s easier to treat a small tank. You could do 1 tbsp per 5 gallons of aquarium salt and treat with an either maracyn2 or kanaplex. Following directions closely 

You could. It may be contagious. Like you I haven’t seen anything like that before. I don’t think it is. But…I can’t say for sure. But treating him. Gives him a chance anyway 

To my eye that looks like a cancerous tumor or benign growth sometimes you can get lumps like this with a bacterial infections I don't think it's something that will respond to medication looking at were it's located I would consider humanely euthanizing it with clove oil 

1000000136.png

1000000118.png

Edited by Colu
  • Sad 1

@MichaelL710 colu is probably right. But it’s your animal, when it stops eating and starts acting unhealthy, it’s probably time. We raise large amounts of farm animals, and I hate that part. I almost always wait wait until there’s no possible hope. I fight for every one of my animals. But sometimes it’s just necessary. Zoos go by if the animal can no longer be the animal and do it’s typical behavior it’s time.😭

• Like 1

On 3/17/2024 at 12:01 AM, Tony s said:

@MichaelL710 colu is probably right. But it’s your animal, when it stops eating and starts acting unhealthy, it’s probably time. We raise large amounts of farm animals, and I hate that part. I almost always wait wait until there’s no possible hope. I fight for every one of my animals. But sometimes it’s just necessary. Zoos go by if the animal can no longer be the animal and do it’s typical behavior it’s time.😭

When you think it's got to point were it's got no quality of life and it's suffering that when I would make the decision to humanely euthanize as @Tony s said it's never an easy decision to make 

• Thanks 1