Newbie feeding questions

Hi,  I have a 7 gal planted tank with Ember & Neon Tetras, Cherry Shrimp, pygmie Cory Catfish plus 1 snail.  I gave them baby brine shrimp for the first time and it was a feeding frenzie, definately liked the change.  I want to be able to feed a varity of items and have Extreme Krill Flake in addition.  As my fish have such small mouths I thought I would ask what folks fee for vairety when they have small fish?                                

My second question is about Repashy.  It is supposed to harden to a gel and I have never had it harden.  I was mixing 1t repashy to 2t water.  What recipie do you use?  Thank you.

3.13.2024.JPG

I use micro pellets for my neons. But for embers, I would recommend xtreme micro pellets as those have worked for me.

the label says HIKARI micro pellets

IMG_0668.jpeg

I would also try these

IMG_0669.jpeg

I’ve never used repashy before. So that question is not for me.

Edited by Max W.

repashy is supposed to be about like jello. well for me a very stiff jello( i do 1 part repashy to 3 parts hot water). you can also feed repashy powder straight into a tank for small fry, just dont use too much.

Edited by lefty o
  • Like 1

Crush the Krill flake and any other flake you have, baby brine shrimp (live and frozen, I hatch my own, freeze the vast majority, feed whatever is left live, and then use the frozen through the following week until I need to hatch more), and nano pellets are all you need. 

I feed that mix to all of my tanks, and even my Angelfish munch down on the nano pellets and crushed flake. 

Repashy should end up like jello like @lefty o said. Pretty sure you use boiling water. I have a jar of Repashy somewhere, but only ever made it like twice, and I’m pretty sure you use boiling water to activate it, just like jello

• Like 2

On 3/13/2024 at 10:42 PM, AllFishNoBrakes said:

Crush the Krill flake and any other flake you have, baby brine shrimp (live and frozen, I hatch my own, freeze the vast majority, feed whatever is left live, and then use the frozen through the following week until I need to hatch more), and nano pellets are all you need. 

I feed that mix to all of my tanks, and even my Angelfish munch down on the nano pellets and crushed flake. 

Repashy should end up like jello like @lefty o said. Pretty sure you use boiling water. I have a jar of Repashy somewhere, but only ever made it like twice, and I’m pretty sure you use boiling water to activate it, just like jello

yes, it is boiling water.

• Like 1