CPD egg bound or jus tthiick?

Nate Duncan

On 3/12/2024 at 8:17 PM, Guppysnail said:

If they are swimming normally they are fine.  In CPD the swimming will be altered with any illness.  It will be slower, slightly jerky and they will hang stationary more often near the surface.  

I’m asking if she’s pregnant. Lol

• Haha 1

On 3/12/2024 at 11:19 PM, Nate Duncan said:

I’m asking if she’s pregnant. Lol

🤣

I’m sorry. I read egg bound and I thought you were asking if she was having issues passing her eggs.

She is definitely carrying eggs.  My CPD spawn daily once they hit sexual maturity. It always seemed to each girl would participate every other day if there are enough girls. If there are not enough girls each girl spawns daily. 

Your little girl is definitely sexually mature. My girls start participating in spawning as soon as there is a hint of color in the fins. 

Also interesting tidbit. At sunrise this reddish patch on the tummy turns really red.  That’s the girl’s signal to the boys it’s time to get busy. It’s hard to see when they have just hit sexual maturity but easier at this size. The slight red in your girls tummy is also a sign of sexual maturity.  If you can be in front of the tank at sunrise and if there is natural sunlight near the tank you will see the spawning.

B6B5A366-2FA4-4144-A548-E74AF9FEA267.jpeg