Ich problem with my betta

tiffanymiller33

I have a 5-gallon tank with a betta and two assassin snails. I removed the assassin snails and started doing a salt treatment of the 1tbsp per 2 gallons for my betta and it has been 5 days and I do not see any change for good or bad. should I do a water change and add more salt? 

Pictures are often helpful. there are other things that can look like ich. and posting water parameter values helps in determining if anything is off.

for ich you need multiple approaches. first, turn your heater up to 84. this speeds up the life cycle of the ich parasite. the salt like you have done. then ich-x is often useful.

You can try without the ich-x for a while and see how that goes. but you need the increased temp

for the salt- salt doesn't evaporate so it becomes helpful to measure the water volume you're removing and add salt only to the volume of the water you're adding

• Like 1

oh yes, I did increase the temp also and parameters are good. I use the test strips all the time to make sure all levels are good. 

im going to do a water change and add back in the measured amount of salt and give it another 5 days before adding the ich-x. Thank you so much for your help!

• Love 1