Before and and after, one month of keeping a new aquarium

I have kept my aquarium for about one month now I started in February and now I have a tiger snail and a betta fish, before, and after

note: I had to remove most of the water sprite that was on the background, because it was dying. For some reason I’m gonna find a new background plant, possibly maybe the Japanese penny worth for a similar plant, I also do plan to keep some bloody Mary shrimp

IMG_4301.jpeg

IMG_4300.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 7:41 PM, Galabar said:

My Betta ate (at the very least killed) my shrimp in a smaller tank.  I would suggest more snails for algae control.

It’s a female betta, I have had pretty good experience, having female bettas with shrimp before everything turned out great, males are usually the ones eating the shrimp even trying to gobble on the adult ones when they notice a rise of temperature, which causes them to go and try to eat everything so they can be ready to breed, i’m not too worried about her, eating the babies, i’m providing enough hiding space for them

On 3/9/2024 at 9:20 PM, lefty o said:

for sure only try a small number of shrimp when you do, as betta's are hit or miss if they will kill em. if it doesnt find the shrimp tasty, you can always add more later.

I have a female betta, don’t usually worry about it, because the males are usually the ones eating them if they notice a sudden rise of temperature, which gets them ready to breed so they try to eat everything, I’ve had female betta with shrimp before and everything turned out All right, I’m not too worried about her eating the babies, though I’m trying to provide as much hiding spaces for them.