For Those With Eheim Jager Heaters…

I messed up and purchased one that’s slightly too tall for my tank. I bought the 300w heater (mainly because it was slightly cheaper than the 200w…) and it’s a tad too  tall for the tank. Can this be mounted horizontally or at least at an angle to fit within the thank?

IMG_1956.jpeg

Edited by FLFishChik
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 4:41 PM, face said:

Yes it’s completely waterproof it could be mounted completely sideways if you wanted to 

Thanks! I kept getting conflicting answers when doing a google search about “ Yes, you can” and “No, vertical only”. Just wanting to make sure I’m ok to place it *not* vertically!

• Like 1

Sideways is great in some ways. Stays out of the way when cleaning glass for starters. Then the heated water doesn’t come anywhere near the sensor. And you can get the heating element nearer the filter intake. Which helps distribute heat faster 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/10/2024 at 7:38 PM, Tony s said:

It can sit at any angle. That’s not going to affect performance. It just cuts the effectiveness of the glass cleaning benefits. 

but it'll be ok of it touches the sand?

Posted (edited)
On 3/10/2024 at 8:27 PM, face said:

Mine touched the sand a little when the suction cups let go it didn’t seem to matter definitely didn’t let the thing get buried though 

That's all I was concerned about... was if the end of the heater rested on the sand. I want to mount it horizontally, but since the suction cups are all at one ends, it sits crooked and the end touches the sand.

Edited by FLFishChik
  • Like 1