Parasites?

Cinnebuns

I have a female pseudomugil luminatus who had to be euthanized today. Before I even saw her declining I was slightly worried about parasites in this tank. About a week ago I got 2 thick-lipped gourami from a store I have gotten fish with parasites before. I'm dumb and didn't quarantine. One of the gourami has been having very long poops. I have been feeding daphnia the past 2 days to see if it's just constipation but after seeing this fish I was again worried about parasites.

Her swimming is what first alerted me but her belly seems sunken as well. At first I was wondering if she was swimming upside down since she's more round at the top than the bottom. Her gills are red but then again that's a trait of the species as well so that's hard to say.

29 gallon:

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate:  10

thick-lipped gourami, honey gourami, p. Luminatus, p. Gerturdae, panda cories, green neon tetras, amano shrimp, planted. 

It's also possible this is just old age for the luminatus. I got her about a year ago from someone. I don't know how long that person had her for. 

@Colu

20240307_233244.jpg

20240307_233737.jpg

20240307_233651.jpg

If your new gourami have parasite it can take weeks to month before you would start to notice the parasites affecting your other rainbow fish looks weak  Possibly something going on with swim bladder have you notice any rapid breathing hanging out near the surface lethargy flashing spitting food flashing sunken belly that would lead you to suspect a parasitic infection in your other fish 

On 3/8/2024 at 5:39 AM, Colu said:

If your new gourami have parasite it can take weeks to month before you would start to notice the parasites affecting your other rainbow fish looks weak  Possibly something going on with swim bladder have you notice any rapid breathing hanging out near the surface lethargy flashing spitting food flashing sunken belly that would lead you to suspect a parasitic infection in your other fish 

No I haven't noticed anything off with any other fish. Just the long poop from the gourami is all other than issues with this girl. 

On 3/8/2024 at 7:35 PM, Cinnebuns said:

No I haven't noticed anything off with any other fish. Just the long poop from the gourami is all other than issues with this girl. 

It could just be old age or a damage swim bladder that affected this one the average life expectancy is 3 years it could be just a coincidence that this fish developed problems after adding your new fish i would monitor your other fish if you notice any odd behaviour give us an update