New 75 gallon Background or Not

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to get your opinion on this. I'm building a new 75 gallon tank which will be placed in the main living room with a window behind it (blinds closed). Should I put a black background on the back part of the tank to block out any residual UV light? If so, what would be the best product? 

Thank you,

Ryan

depends on the look you want. background if you want it to have more depth. or you could use acrylic paint and paint the back glass. I have several of those. If you have black-out curtains already, you may not need to do anything at all

Edited by Tony s

I have even got one small tank i borrowed someone's idea and ghettoed it. it's got a couple layers of wax paper behind it. so it gives it a frosty, translucent appearance. while hiding the hardware behind it. gives it a unknown depth kind of feel. 

any product for this should work. they sell specialty pre measured backgrounds all ready for install. depending on your tank. my lfs has it it rolls, they cut to measurements

On 3/4/2024 at 2:21 PM, Ryan1988 said:

No blackout curtains

so, the question becomes, what color would you like. and the color can actually affect the color of your fish. some fish display better on lighter backgrounds and substrates and some display better on darker