Nerite Snail questions

Skyler

I got my first Nerite snails in November, they both had little craters on the tips of their shells. One of them now is almost completely healed. The other has stayed the same, it honestly might have gotten a little worse. So my first question is why isn’t its shell healing, should I be concerned or doing anything special for it?

They both slide around the tank all day grazing on biofilm and algae they also enjoy an occasional treat of KatsAquatics Calcium+Nutrition and Nano Banquet Food Blocks on rotation. My second question is now that they have significantly less algae to eat how often should I be feeding them? 

IMG_0618.jpeg.c6d5ae4f892f97d00bb44b486831d366.jpeg
⬆️This is Lenny (the healing one)⬆️

IMG_1584.jpeg.4559c6e2d11057b033befd413a621837.jpeg⬆️This is Dewey (the not healing one)⬇️

IMG_0619.jpeg

Edited by Skyler
  • Like 1

From some sources I have seen sometimes nerite snails with holes in their shells can be permanent. Not all the time this happens but I guess its one of those "rare" occasions that it can happen. All you can really do is just supplement with calcium as their diet making sure you feed them other things as well. 

• Like 1