Platy won't have anymore babies

AlyrisA

My platy had 7 babies almost 2 months ago (early january) but the other 3 didn't make it and i looked it up and it said it takes up to 2 months for a fish to have all babies. She doesn't seem like she wants to have anymore but i'm worried because i wanna make sure she's okay and that i have nothing to worry about and maybe i just need to be patient but then again im sure she would've at least had 10/20 by now even if she does take a while so i need advice on what i need to do about this. I bought her about 4 months ago with two other platys but the other two both died after she got pregnant, 4 zebra danios, 1 buenos aires, 2 dwarf frogs, and two khuli loaches in a 10 gallon. I separated her in a separate tank a week prior to her having her first baby and she was in there until her last baby came and she didn't have anymore so i thought she was missing her fish family and felt alone so i upgraded the regular tank and put her in it with her babies earlier this month and she hasn't had anymore still. I gave the danios and the bueno aires to a friend and bought different fish so Currently she's in there with her 4 babies, 2 khuli loaches, 2 dwarf frogs, 3 otocinclus, 5 cory catfish, and 6 snails. I'm wondering do i need to separate her again or just get a breeding box to go in the tank to put her in.

her ⬇️IMG_7160.jpeg.f68aab1eb34b1cd9091d072e206ae60c.jpeg

her and her babies ⬇️

IMG_7164.jpeg.4be921ef257ebde94d9712cbc41bab3c.jpegIMG_7166.jpeg.3f749a10fb84982f7272b1d05b167077.jpeg

20 gallon ⬇️

IMG_7165.jpeg.3dbaf1e47b2003fee0d456bafc84b4a2.jpeg

What are your current water parameters. Sometimes platys won’t have fry unless they’re really happy with their water quality or tank environment.  I know mine did that. And don’t currently have as many fry. I have a species only platy tank. There’s probably 25-35 platys of all age ranges there.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with @Tony sthat when their water or tankmates are not to their liking they’ll stop breeding. In general, they like harder water. Ideally pH is greater than 7. Many times initially the pH will be up at setup and then as time goes on and the tank matures the pH and hardness sometimes can fall. So checking your parameters is a good place to start. I love crushed coral

Next I’d look at the dwarf frogs - African Dwarf Frogs are carnivores. They are super derpy but are ambush predators. Platy fry often hug the substrate after birth and will be a little lethargic initially. They are an easy target for the frogs. I’d bet that your Platys are having fry but you’re not seeing them.