Which of these two lights is better for a 75g?

I'm looking into replacing the fluvals on my 75 because I'm just over the yellow and I've narrowed it down to either an ledstar aqz or a week aqua p.

also, does anyone have any experience ordering from aquatic motiv?

On 2/15/2024 at 6:19 PM, Crow said:

I'm looking into replacing the fluvals on my 75 because I'm just over the yellow and I've narrowed it down to either an ledstar aqz or a week aqua p.

also, does anyone have any experience ordering from aquatic motiv?

Never used or seen Ledstar, but have WeakAqua P's. They look to be both similar in spectrum and WA can pump quite a bit of par. WA is more popular and is catching on fast in the upper end of planted tanks. Here's my AGA shot under WA and a few recent shots with different exposures.

Crop and Edit.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 7:06 PM, Mmiller2001 said:

Never used or seen Ledstar, but have WeakAqua P's. They look to be both similar in spectrum and WA can pump quite a bit of par. WA is more popular and is catching on fast in the upper end of planted tanks. Here's my AGA shot under WA and a few recent shots with different exposures.

The color is quite nice on the p series and your tank looks great. I especially like how bright the reds are. And you can actually see what color the fish are... unlike a certain fluval light lol. The week aqua also has more leds in it and higher lumens than the aqz, so I'm starting to lean toward the p. Would one 48" of the p series be enough to grow high light plants in a standard 75 gallon?

On 2/16/2024 at 12:09 AM, Crow said:

The color is quite nice on the p series and your tank looks great. I especially like how bright the reds are. And you can actually see what color the fish are... unlike a certain fluval light lol. The week aqua also has more leds in it and higher lumens than the aqz, so I'm starting to lean toward the p. Would one 48" of the p series be enough to grow high light plants in a standard 75 gallon?

1 is all you would need and has enough par to grow any plant available to us. CO2 would be the only limiting factor.

My PC monitors are trash for editing and sorry the the pictures are so dark. But I assure you, my tank looks a fruit market at high noon on a clear blue sky day.

The weak point on the WA is they are fan cooled and is a failure point of the light.

On 2/16/2024 at 6:40 AM, Mmiller2001 said:

My PC monitors are trash for editing and sorry the the pictures are so dark. But I assure you, my tank looks a fruit market at high noon on a clear blue sky day.

A couple of your rainbows and the samolus (?) on the bottom left are still pretty bright, so I'm not having a hard time picturing that mental image.

Alright, I think you might have talked me into it 🥳

I appreciate your input and time answering my questions.

• Like 1