corydora white spot

Phill D

I have a panda cory with a white spot on his head a bit behind his eye. Before i treat and so i don't just carpet bomb him, i want to see if anyone knows precisely what it is. Noticed it 1 or 2 days ago. At first i thought it was ick but its only that one spot and its not spreading across his body or to the other fish. He also seems lethargic and a bit more pale than his fellows. Atm i'm kind of leaning toward hole in head but that doesn't seem right either. The spot doesn't look recessed, and there actually looks to be some little hair-like fuzz attached to it. But i can't get a closer up picture to really display it 

coryspot1.jpg

coryspot2.jpg

If it's a white spot that's fuzzy, do you think it might be fungus? If so, I usually treat with either Ich-X or aquarium salt. Here's an article I wrote on fish fungus treatments: 

WWW.AQUARIUMCOOP.COM

If your fish has a white- or gray-colored growth on its mouth or body, it could have a fungal infection. Fungal outbreaks are often caused by stressful or poor water conditions and can lead to secondary diseases, so it’s...

1 hour ago, Irene said:

If it's a white spot that's fuzzy, do you think it might be fungus? If so, I usually treat with either Ich-X or aquarium salt. Here's an article I wrote on fish fungus treatments: 

WWW.AQUARIUMCOOP.COM

If your fish has a white- or gray-colored growth on its mouth or body, it could have a fungal infection. Fungal outbreaks are often caused by stressful or poor water conditions and can lead to secondary diseases, so it’s...

Some type of fungus is what i kind of thought, but i haven't seen enough fish diseases in person to really judge. A friend of mine thought it might be columnaris. It's not apparent in the picture but the tank is densely planted so i want to avoid salt. If it matters the parameters are pH high 7s, temp 76, ammonia and nitrite 0, also tannins from mopani wood. I've since put a dose of maracyn in under the belief of columnaris.