10 gallon tank stocking

Yes, most probably. For small schooling fish, the one inch per gallon mostly still works. It doesn’t work for very large fish or very active fish, but in your case it does . To play around with stocking idea use aqadvisor.com

Actually, just ran those numbers, only 120% of capacity, requiring a 40% per week water change. If that’s what you want, go for it. Just go in knowing it’s going to take a bit more tank maintenance. That’s all. Have fun with your corys 

How long has the tank been running?

Have you seen the barbs show any aggression towards the otos?

I think it's been running for a while, the barbs haven't been showing aggression, your parameters are stable, and you filled it the rest of the way then it could be fine.

Odds are they will just hang out in the plants and you will rarely see them so you'll want to make sure food gets through the barbs fur then to eat.

• Like 1

The tank has been running for  a month or 2. The otos and the cherry barbs almost never meet. The reason why I was thinking of getting the pygmies was because there was too much food getting past the barbs. Although that may have just been because the barbs were hiding.

Edited by Flipnorp

Pigmies may not be the answer then. they tend to be off the bottom swimmers. not saying they don't eat there though. Have you thought about snails. they eat all the leftover organics. food, algae, dead fish. But pigmies would be cool to have.

If it were me I'd go for it if you really want to have some pygmies!  Just keep an eye on the tanks parameters until you hit a steady routine with more added.  A smaller 2 month old tank probably isn't super mature yet so be weary of adding a lot at once.  Might add 5 then 5 to be safe.  Be prepared for the upkeep.

If you're looking for some bottom feeders Panda cories are great but in my experience cories really prefer their own food (shrimp pellets).