New fish keeper!

Hello, I'm a bit new to the hobby. I have three comet goldfish named Jane, Frosty, plus an unnamed one. I also have ten guppy fry and two minnows. I also have a turtle which was where my love for fish originated. All the fish I currently have were meant to be feeders or are the fry of the feeders. I hope to set up 2-3 tanks for my goldfish this year, a 75 gallon glass tank, a 110 gallon stock tank, and a 40 gallon tub. I also plan to set up three ten gallons for guppies, plus a 5 gal. for a little deformed one I have. I also might get bettas at the end of the year, and if I do, I will set them up in 5-10 gallons on a rack. I hope to be able to breed all of these fish, partly for profit, and partly for my own enjoyment. Luckily I can take care of all these tanks, since I do school from home and it only takes about 2-3 hours to do. Thank you for reading this!

• Like 3

On 2/6/2024 at 9:32 AM, Fish for Nothin said:

Hello, I'm a bit new to the hobby. I have three comet goldfish named Jane, Frosty, plus an unnamed one. I also have ten guppy fry and two minnows. I also have a turtle which was where my love for fish originated. All the fish I currently have were meant to be feeders or are the fry of the feeders. I hope to set up 2-3 tanks for my goldfish this year, a 75 gallon glass tank, a 110 gallon stock tank, and a 40 gallon tub. I also plan to set up three ten gallons for guppies, plus a 5 gal. for a little deformed one I have. I also might get bettas at the end of the year, and if I do, I will set them up in 5-10 gallons on a rack. I hope to be able to breed all of these fish, partly for profit, and partly for my own enjoyment. Luckily I can take care of all these tanks, since I do school from home and it only takes about 2-3 hours to do. Thank you for reading this!

Welcome, @Fish for Nothin!! Here to say hi!!! Cool about all those tanks btw! 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 11:50 AM, Bigdog99 said:

What kind of minnows? White clouds? Rosy red? Just wondering! 😂 @Fish for Nothin!

Rosy reds. The two I have now are females. I had a male, but I think my turtle got him. They spawned once, but the goldfish ate the eggs and before they could do it again the male disappeared.

On 2/6/2024 at 8:35 AM, Bigdog99 said:

Welcome, @Fish for Nothin!! Here to say hi!!! Cool about all those tanks btw! 

Thank you!

• Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 1:06 PM, Fish for Nothin said:

Rosy reds. The two I have now are females. I had a male, but I think my turtle got him. They spawned once, but the goldfish ate the eggs and before they could do it again the male disappeared.

Thank you!

Yeah I am planning to get white cloud minnows. They say those are the most hardy fish around! Btw people are very helpful on here! I reccomend asking Qs on this forum! @Tony s is helpful too! I have gotten a lot of good information from him! 

• Love 1