Guppy laying at the bottom of the tank

KingKyuubii

Hey,

I hope I can get some help before it's too late! I've had my guppy for a month or two now, he's been living in a 20 gallon tank with four females, 4 leopard Danios and a bristle nose pleco. Sunday night he was doing fine but I noticed yesterday that he was laying at the bottom of the tank. he's still swimming occasionally but not very often and he is struggling to swim a bit. He's also still eating which is a good sign but I can't seem to figure out what is wrong with him. The other fish are doing great in the tank with no issues. The pH is around 7.6, ammonia level is 0ppm, nitrites between 0-0.25ppm and nitrates are around 20ppm-40ppm. The tank is a planted aquarium with live plants. I did a water change and put him into a breeder box to keep him a little more secure and so that I could monitor him a little easier.

I have noticed his pectoral fins have lost a bit of their colour, I'm thinking potentially fin for but I'm not 100% sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thank you 🙂PXL_20201117_234020917.jpg.4d257896a383ff30afb12314c28436ec.jpg

PXL_20201117_233907626~2.jpg

10 minutes ago, KingKyuubii said:

Hey,

I hope I can get some help before it's too late! I've had my guppy for a month or two now, he's been living in a 20 gallon tank with four females, 4 leopard Danios and a bristle nose pleco. Sunday night he was doing fine but I noticed yesterday that he was laying at the bottom of the tank. he's still swimming occasionally but not very often and he is struggling to swim a bit. He's also still eating which is a good sign but I can't seem to figure out what is wrong with him. The other fish are doing great in the tank with no issues. The pH is around 7.6, ammonia level is 0ppm, nitrites between 0-0.25ppm and nitrates are around 20ppm-40ppm. The tank is a planted aquarium with live plants. I did a water change and put him into a breeder box to keep him a little more secure and so that I could monitor him a little easier.

I have noticed his pectoral fins have lost a bit of their colour, I'm thinking potentially fin for but I'm not 100% sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thank you 🙂PXL_20201117_234020917.jpg.4d257896a383ff30afb12314c28436ec.jpg

PXL_20201117_233907626~2.jpg

it could be fin rot. Do you have somewhere to put him a little more long term? like another empty aquarium? I would do regular waterchanges and use aquarium salt

Thanks James, I really appreciate the help. I currently have a spare tank going through a cycle as we speak, I just need to get an aquarium heater for it. What type of aquarium salt would you recommend? I live in the UK so the brand's aren't the same as the US, would any reef aquarium salt do the trick?