Lethargic honey gouramis

sillyflow

Yesterday I noticed one of my homey gouramis was extremely lethargic, it appeared dead and would only move once in a while just to go to the surface and then lay back on the bottom of the tank. It also has some swelling or something towards its tail fin? It’s a bit hard to see but I circled it in a photo. Today one of my other honey gouramis has been sitting on the bottom too now but it is not swollen and sits upright rather than on its side like my other one. I have no idea whats wrong with them. I’m about to do a water change because my tank is due for one anyway but I would appreciate any other advice

These are my water parameters:

• pH: 8.0
  • Nitrates: 10-20
  • Nitrite: 0
  • Ammonia: 0
  • Water Temperature: 76°

IMG_8890.jpeg

IMG_8886.jpeg

@Colu I’ve had the gouramis since around April I believe, pretty sure they ate yesterday but I haven’t fed them today because I wasn’t sure if I should, no rapid breathing it looks like they aren’t even breathing at all but I know they are alive because they move once in a while, and I have no medication because I live in Canada and have no idea where I could buy some

I think the worst of the two is pineconing but I’ve never seen pineconing before so I’m not entirely sure

On 1/25/2024 at 1:49 AM, sillyflow said:

@Colu I’ve had the gouramis since around April I believe, pretty sure they ate yesterday but I haven’t fed them today because I wasn’t sure if I should, no rapid breathing it looks like they aren’t even breathing at all but I know they are alive because they move once in a while, and I have no medication because I live in Canada and have no idea where I could buy some

I think the worst of the two is pineconing but I’ve never seen pineconing before so I’m not entirely sure

As your in Canada what  I would do quarantine  I would treat with aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons and Indian almond leaves as they have antibacterial and antifungal properties I would add one leaf per gallon to get a beneficial effect add an extra air stone during treatment