Maracyn2 - where to buy?

Jawjagrrl

Logged on to place an order from some with the Coop, but they aren't selling it.

Maybe it's the continuing supply chain, but I'm having real trouble finding any unless I can wait over a week from a distant LFS or take my chances with a nebulous online reseller on Ebay. The big box pet stores don't carry - not even any of the 1000s of vendors that sell online thru walmart.

The Fritz site was no help. 

I thought having the med trio on hand would be reasonable to stave off a fish med emergency. A week likely means a euthanasia case for me this time - where are folks finding this? Kanaplex proving almost as hard to find.

On 1/20/2024 at 2:03 AM, Jawjagrrl said:

Logged on to place an order from some with the Coop, but they aren't selling it.

Maybe it's the continuing supply chain, but I'm having real trouble finding any unless I can wait over a week from a distant LFS or take my chances with a nebulous online reseller on Ebay. The big box pet stores don't carry - not even any of the 1000s of vendors that sell online thru walmart.

The Fritz site was no help. 

I thought having the med trio on hand would be reasonable to stave off a fish med emergency. A week likely means a euthanasia case for me this time - where are folks finding this? Kanaplex proving almost as hard to find.

You can get it off of eBay possible Amazon 

On 1/20/2024 at 2:15 AM, Jawjagrrl said:

I can (only found 1 seller on Amazon), but both will take a week or more to arrive. 

It's available on eBay from multiple sellers 

On 1/19/2024 at 9:32 PM, Colu said:

If you can't get maracyn2 in less than a week if your going quarantine I would try and get holed of kanaplex @Jawjagrrl

I found an LFS about an hour away that has the kanaplex and suggested neoplex (sp?) as a companion - sounds like they work together the way maracyn and maracyn 2 can. I'm suspecting a secondary bacterial infection externally now based on how the angel's dorsal and anal fins look. They likely got banged up as he tried to navigate the tank - and I saw a congo tetra grab his dorsal hard enough to pull him by it, so I'm ready to get him out of there today for treatment.

On 1/20/2024 at 6:01 PM, Jawjagrrl said:

I found an LFS about an hour away that has the kanaplex and suggested neoplex (sp?) as a companion - sounds like they work together the way maracyn and maracyn 2 can. I'm suspecting a secondary bacterial infection externally now based on how the angel's dorsal and anal fins look. They likely got banged up as he tried to navigate the tank - and I saw a congo tetra grab his dorsal hard enough to pull him by it, so I'm ready to get him out of there today for treatment.

I wouldn't use two antibiotic medication at the same time it can be stressful to a fish and most of the time is unnecessary what I usually do is treat with maracyn2 if am not seeing any improvement then I such over to antibiotic medication with different active ingredient such as kanaplex neoplex is good antibiotic treatment for external bacterial infections I would treat with kanaplex you could get neoplex to have it just in case it's needed