Honey Gouarmi Flow Question

Hi All,

A few weeks ago i lost my betta and ive been looking for a new centerpiece fish. @Guppysnailhas got me convinced i should give honey gouarmis a try and they sound like great fish.

I only have one problem. Filtration on my tank is a medium ACO sponge filter with the easy flow kit, and an aquaclear 50 running at full blast with a baffle.  Now most of the fish in my tank love flow (cories, panda garra) or don't care (platies) so this setup works great.

However when doing research on Honey Gouarmis im seeing they come from low-flow marshes, which does not suit my tank.

Does anyone have any experiences with Honey Gouarmis in a high flow setup, or do they specifically need low flow, or do they just not care?

Edited by GoofyGarra
  • Like 1

Mine have a fluval 407 canister turned low with the outflow half in half out of the water, two airstones and an aquaclear 50 turned low and so clogged with plant roots it’s more of a trickle than a flow.  They are in a 29.  They are not poor swimmers like betta but not strong swimmers either. With their body shape being tall and flat the can get blown around .  When I first added them I saw this happen and quickly adjusted all filters to low.  

they are slower retiring fish and right now I believe you have to many platy which are much higher activity for them to be really comfortable.  They stay mostly upper level but do enjoy forays into mud and lower sections.  

One your tank thins out a bit and flow adjustment is made they would do great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1