Eggs to fry :)

bryanisag

Hi all, I have a batch of 10 Corrysoras eggs in a jar of methylene blue that I except to have hatch today or tomorrow. I want/need to move them to a tray in my "deans fry system" but I'm unsure the best way to transfer them.

If half are out of their eggs do I try to move them out of the blue stuff or wait till more are hatched? 

Do I use a net or a spoon or what technique?

I have a small shrimp net so maybe that is best?

How important is it that the blue water not getting into the fry system?

I already crushed one fry from another batch with the net so I really think it's not the best option.

Does pouring the jar into the net hurt the fry?

Maybe if half the eggs hatch I can add all the eggs and fry to the tray because the remaining eggs will probably be okay to hatch without fungus attacking them for the last day or so?

Any general advice is appreciated 

On 1/2/2024 at 1:56 PM, bryanisag said:

Hi all, I have a batch of 10 Corrysoras eggs in a jar of methylene blue that I except to have hatch today or tomorrow. I want/need to move them to a tray in my "deans fry system" but I'm unsure the best way to transfer them.

If half are out of their eggs do I try to move them out of the blue stuff or wait till more are hatched? 

Do I use a net or a spoon or what technique?

I have a small shrimp net so maybe that is best?

How important is it that the blue water not getting into the fry system?

I already crushed one fry from another batch with the net so I really think it's not the best option.

Does pouring the jar into the net hurt the fry?

Maybe if half the eggs hatch I can add all the eggs and fry to the tray because the remaining eggs will probably be okay to hatch without fungus attacking them for the last day or so?

Any general advice is appreciated 

@bryanisag If fry are small enough to fit through a airline hose you could suck the fry up into the shrimp net. Keep net close to end of airline hose so you won't harm the fry.

Edited by Tlindsey