Black Beard Alage

I am trying to rid my tank of black beard algae and am wondering if it's a wise decision to use hydrogen peroxide on a sponge filter I have in tank. It's not my primary filter but more less something to add additional oxygen to the tank and to get some additional water flow on the opposite side, It's a 20L.

Edited by Xr4tiCrew

I used hydrogen peroxide on my sponge filter that was my primary source of filtration and ended up having an ammonia and nitrite spike.  I feel as long as it's not your primary means of filtration then you should be fine.  I did take the filter out to spray it and all the BBA died along with my good bacteria.

Its a real pain in the ass but I have had success on multiple occasions with the light deprivation technique on plants, could work with this as well but will take a few days and a bucket, dark place. You could also adjust your light settings, helped with the other bb algae I had on rocks, etc when I had the breakout in my 65 gal. I hate it, but it happens more often than not, so have to take the good with the bad and learn sometimes to adapt.