External parasite or infection on my Panda Cory?

Natalie is new

PH 7.6

Nitrates 25 PPM

No nitrite 

Temp 75

I was just admiring my cute little corydoras while they snacked on some frozen blood worms and noticed a spot behind this guy's eye. Could be just a pattern,  but wanted to get another perspective. 

Thanks!20231203_173002.jpg.67f4b39e28ff5a4e2a24a3f4a8caf408.jpg

Edited by Natalie is new
  • Like 1

It's tough to say from the photo just because it's zoomed in and hard to really see the detail on the fish. 😞

If you can, try to snag some more photos and let's see what we can see!

PH did cause some redness/stress issues with my specific line of pandas, but I've heard others having theirs up to higher PH (8.0 even).  Just a note, not sure it's anything at all right now. 

Best thing you can do for them at this point is just add more air and a little aquarium salt. (1 tbsp per 3 gallons is plenty)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did what you recommended as soon as I got home that day. I did a 50% water change,  added 3 tbs aquarium salt and an extra air stone. They seem ok. I had some red root floaters I couldn't keep from being sucked under, so they were dying off. I took them out because I thought they were affecting my water. When I tested it appeared I had a tinge of Nitrites (not quite 1 ppm) in the water. Also my red racer nerites were not active,  so it was worrying me. Since I took them out last week I've registered zero nitrites and 25 ppm nitrates. My nerites are much more active now, so I think it was a good call.

All that is to say, thanks.

Edited by Natalie is new