Do you think this is Ich on this Koi betta?

Herefishie

I just bought this male Koi Betta home from Petsmart. He's in a tank all by himself and will remain there. I just took a close-up picture and being pretty new to the fish keeping hobby, I don't know if some of those white spots and the white around his gills is Ich or if it's part of the normal colorization for a Koi. IMG_3722.jpeg.2ac7ce112b48bcf47664e610797f8ae4.jpegExpert opinions welcome, lol!

I see a possible white spot on the upper portion of the tail I not sure its ick. I don't see any white spots on the gills but that doesn't mean they are not there. Other than that you fish looks pretty healthy with the usual blend of koi patterns. I will tag @Colu in case he has any input.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/20/2023 at 9:34 PM, Herefishie said:

I just bought this male Koi Betta home from Petsmart. He's in a tank all by himself and will remain there. I just took a close-up picture and being pretty new to the fish keeping hobby, I don't know if some of those white spots and the white around his gills is Ich or if it's part of the normal colorization for a Koi. IMG_3722.jpeg.2ac7ce112b48bcf47664e610797f8ae4.jpegExpert opinions welcome, lol!

I can see one white spot on the tail fin am struggling to see them elsewhere that could just be the picture quality as you have him on his own  then I would add some aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons and monitor for a week at that level it shouldn't harm your plants if you notice more spots appearing on his fins and body and it looks like a sprinkling of salt then I would start treating with ick X and salt as ich causes massive electrolyte loss and the salt will add back in essential electrolytes