Old bbs eggs

Mengo

Recently I've finally had the time to hatch bbs for my fish. However, after many failed attempts where none of the eggs hatched at all, I've come to the conclusion that my eggs are too old/were not kept properly. After researching online, I found out that I'm supposed to keep them in the freezer after opening. I haven't been doing that and now I have a whole tin of unused bbs eggs. What can i do with them? Can they just be fed as is?

I think keeping the eggs in the fridge should be fine? I have never kept them in the freezer and I hatch bbs daily. I always keep them in the fridge.

I have not seen a single fish that eats eggs until today. I use magnetic eggs and if I happen to miss any eggs, they keep floating in the tank until next water change. 

Maybe explain your hatching attempt in detail so we can make sure you are doing everything correctly just in case

• Like 1

I keep the main tin of brine shrimp eggs in the freezer and fill the small vials with eggs that I will be useig during the week. I don't refrigerate them, but do keep them in a cool place. I am useing a very small hatchery.

I have never gotten fish or cherry shrimp to eat unhatched eggs.  I wonder too, what can be done with old eggs?

20231120_072642.jpg

20221201_151615.jpg