Your best or funniest memory

We all have em'. A funny thing you saw, heard or did. For me it was probably my brother riding a bike down a slope and hitting his face on a home's back wooden fence. He screamed the whole way down. 

One of the funniest was about 30 years ago.   My wife and I, and her sister and husband, were going to San Antonio to stay at a nice hotel on the Riverwalk for a few days.  They'd flown in from Virginia, so we took my truck.  I pulled up in front of the hotel and we waited while my brother-in-law went inside to see about the rooms.  A few minutes after he went in several men came out to the truck with a cart.  At every hotel I'd ever stayed at previous to this if you wanted your luggage in your room you carried it there yourself (this place was above my pay grade), but I'd seen this kind of thing on television, so I knew why they were there.

For a little background, I was driving an old Ford extended cab pickup, with a hitch in the back for a gooseneck trailer.  Since we didn't have much room in the cab for luggage, and we didn't want to expose it to the weather, I had borrowed two 55-gallon barrels from work, put the luggage in them, put the lids on, and laid them down in the truck, with one on each side of the hitch.  I put a rope across one, down through the hitch, across the other one, and tied on the other side to keep them from rolling around.

Anyway, I guess these fellows took one look at that old truck, and me untying the ropes holding the barrels down, and wondered just how far back in the woods did these folks come from, because one of them looked at me and asked, very politely "Sir, will these be going inside?"

• Haha 4

I have another one.  I was outside watering plants or something (it was 30 years ago, so some of the details are fuzzy) with my son when he was around 3 or 4.  He had a little plastic bucket that he brought up to me, and he asked for some water in it.  I filled it about halfway, not knowing what he had in mind.  He took the bucket, walked over to the cat, and dumped the whole thing on it.

Of course the cat freaked out.  I felt like I should correct him, so I said "Will, that wasn't very nice."

He stopped giggling just long enough to say "No, but it was funny!"  That's been a family joke ever since.

• Haha 3

@JettsPapa Something that also happened when I was a baby that involved cats and water, I apparently was taking a bath and our cat Gnocci was sitting on the ledge next to our other cat Sushi. Gnocci bent over to sniff the water (I was still in the tub) or something but fell in and started flailing like CRAZY, creating a whole splashing mess. Allegedly I thought it was hilarious and started cackling. The cat was flailing for maybe 30 seconds but hopped back up to the ledge and continued to sit there as if nothing happened. 

For the moment This is as close to funny as I can come.

I briefly took up sky diving.  Eventually I got my friend 'BOB' to try.  Bob is afraid of heights.  At my drop zone, Student jumps start a 3000' with a static line and a one-way radio so the instructors can guide you.  All you have to do is step out of the airplane.  After training, Bob successfully made his first jump, and I almost lost a large bet.

After landing, with the adrenaline still roaring through him  Bob came over and told us all about his first jump.  "You should have heard me, all the way down I was yelling Hu-dey!, Hu-dey!"  (Bob is a Cincinnati Bengals fan, and that is the preferred chant.)  When we started laughing, he wanted to know what was so funny. We explained that even from 3000' up, as soon he stepped out of the airplane we could hear every word he said.   'Hu-dey' wasn't one of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1