Kuhli loaches dying

Attack_muffin

So over the past few days a few of the kuhli loaches that I recently bought have been dying. So I removed 1 today that seems to be struggling to swim and it looks like it has a kinked spine. What should I do with this loach and what should I do to prevent further death? Also The tank has ember tetras that are doing great.

Water Parameters:

• pH: 7.5
  • Nitrates: 20+
  • Hardness: soft (no exact number)
  • Nitrite: 0
  • Ammonia: 0
  • KH/Buffer: unknown
  • Water Temperature: 28°C

20231113_224807.jpg

20231113_224751.jpg

20231113_224532.jpg

On 11/14/2023 at 1:04 AM, Attack_muffin said:

I got the loaches and tetras at the same time so both are in quarantine. Also haven't medicated with anything.

I would lower the temperature to 26 and add an extra air stone and I would do a course of kanaplex and add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons that will aid Gill function and add essential electrolytes at that level it won't harm your loach just remember to put back what you take so if you do 5 gallon water change put 1 table spoon of salt back in 

On 11/14/2023 at 10:36 AM, Colu said:

I would lower the temperature to 26 and add an extra air stone and I would do a course of kanaplex and add a small amount of aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 5 gallons that will aid Gill function and add essential electrolytes at that level it won't harm your loach just remember to put back what you take so if you do 5 gallon water change put 1 table spoon of salt back in 

So I added the salt and will try to get some kanaplex. The loach shown in the picture is constantly turned upside down and moves in kind of a flailing motion. What should I do with it? It's still able to move around and seems to be eating.

On 11/14/2023 at 10:40 AM, Attack_muffin said:

So I added the salt and will try to get some kanaplex. The loach shown in the picture is constantly turned upside down and moves in kind of a flailing motion. What should I do with it? It's still able to move around and seems to be eating.

What medication do you have to hand 

On 11/14/2023 at 11:36 AM, Attack_muffin said:

I don't have any with me. My uncle has some ich and parasite medicine but I could only get those tomorrow.

kanaplex maracyn2 or neoplex is what I would treat with which everyone is more readily available there all broad spectrum antibiotic treatments 

Edited by Colu