Accidently learned the puff likes bubbles!

govsfabshop

So power went out again (5mins after I put a brisket on the pellet grill!!!) After getting the brisket moved to charcoal power was still out, grabbed the aco battery backup air pump I bought for the 125 I'm setting up and tossed 2 air stones into cheetos 55gal to keep things moving,  he's been playing in the freaking bubbles all morning! Having a grand old time!

So the question is what would you do? I run a tidal 75 on the back right side, a powerhead with pre filter on the bottom left side, should I move the powerhead elsewhere and put a med sponge filter(have 2 extras) in that corner so he has some bubbles to play in,  or do like a bubble wall on a aco battery backup pump? Which I think I would still need to move the powerhead. I'm not having much faith in the power company lately,  last time we were out for 22hrs, luckily this time was only 4 thinking of ditching the USB pumps and changing everything to battery backup! I'm glad I found something he likes to kind of stimulate him a little more,  he's proven he kills any tank mates we've ever tried so I guess if he likes bubbles I'll give him bubbles!

20231111_103959.jpg

20231111_103952.jpg

20231111_103957.jpg

• Love 1

I started using lithium battery backed air pumps before ACO got theirs (I'm a reviewer/tester for a major online seller and have one that looks EXACTLY like Cory's only it's red and white- as he says they are probably made in the same factory in China just with his mods). I am a BIG believer in them. I run smaller tanks but all of them but one has 2 forms of filtration and all of them have a sponge filter that is run by a lithium backed pump. If the tank has 2 sponges one is run by a regular pump. This also guarantees if one pump fails the other should still work till the failure is found OR if the power goes out at least one filter is running in every tank. 

It doesn't hurt to run an airstone full time either.