Berta very constipated pine conning

Bettafishloverlyns

My beta was extremely constipated and we fasted finally got him to poop. Now he is pine conning I’m worried he is going to die I have him in a quarantine tank because we thought he had dropsy at first from the bump on the bottom. After pooping he is less bloated but his scales are pine conned. My main question is he going to die from pine conning. Thank you 9DD0E520-62B0-432B-9DD9-BE58C0E9B185.jpeg.0167e364f7e8cddc44ac2dec79601500.jpeg
PH- 7.0

nitrates-0

hardness 30

nitrites-0

kh-0

buffer -0

water temp is 76 degrees F 

D95CF897-5C1E-4D76-BB85-EBFCD21F666C.jpeg

30041358-66AE-4411-B13D-DA49EEA9AA56.jpeg

Betta do better with temperature of 80- 82 I would raise the temperature to 82 it looks like it's had a prolapse and has passed some of its intestine from the vent if that's the case the prognosis isn't good I can see some pineconing what I would do is treat with aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 3 gallons that will help remove any possible fluid buildup causing the pineconing and do a course of metroplex and maracyn2 in food if he's not eating dose the tank @Bettafishloverlyns

1000000026.png

1000000024.png

Edited by Colu
  • Thanks 1

On 11/5/2023 at 9:57 PM, Colu said:

Betta do better with temperature of 80- 82 I would raise the temperature to 82 it looks like it's had a prolapse and has passed some of its intestine from the vent if that's the case the prognosis isn't good I can see some pineconing what I would do is treat with aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 3 gallons that will help remove any possible fluid buildup causing the pineconing and do a course of metroplex and maracyn2 in food if he's not eating dose the tank @Bettafishloverlyns

1000000026.png

1000000024.png

Thank you for your quick response! Is kanaplex just as effective as metroplex?? I’ve been dosing his tank every other day with it as well as using aquarium salt and doing a full water change every other day.

On 11/6/2023 at 3:46 AM, Bettafishloverlyns said:
On 11/6/2023 at 2:57 AM, Colu said:

1000000026.png

1000000024.png

Thank you for your quick response! Is kanaplex just as effective as metroplex?? I’ve been dosing his tank every other day with it as well as using aquarium salt and doing a full water change every other day.

Metroplex treats aeromonas that can cause some of the symptoms associated with dropsy maracyn2 is better  absorb by the gut in to the bloodstream when given in food it's very effective at treating internal bacterial infections kanaplex isn't effective in food as it's poorly absorbed by the gut into the blood stream the combination I recommended is the most effective I have found for treating symptoms associated with dropsy even then there's no guarantees