Caridina Typus?

IlhamSetiawan

Caridina typus, also known as the Australian Amano Shrimp

basically it's not an amano and not a good algae eater by comparison.  They get mixed in with amanos and often mislabelled.

The Australian amano shrimp and the Japanese amano shrimp. Both are very proficient bottom feeders cleaning up any plant matter, leftover food, or old molts. Both are larger species of dwarf shrimp that muscle their way into feeding and can swim off with whole algae pellets. The Australian amano I’ve had has only been recently identified by another thread I posted in this forum, I have yet to hear of it being sold in the states under its actual common name, normally mistaken as a Japanese amano or Rainbow shrimp. They are somewhat darker, even though substrate makes this specific shrimp darker and the Japanese lighter, and their eye is smaller as well compared to their bodies. Their maxillipeds (or front legs) are a lot closer to the body and shorter than the Japanese amano, which has spread out walking legs and maxillipeds and are not as stocky looking but longer. Those are just the observations I’ve noticed.

Edited by nabokovfan87