It's nice to meet everyone!

Potaqua

Greetings, fish enthusiasts!

I'm Skyler, dedicated to the art of breeding exquisite white cloud minnows, which I supply to my local fish store. My journey doesn't stop there, as I'm now exploring the realm of breeding other fascinating fish species. I'm eager to soak up more insights and tips along the way!

20230829_203441.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2023 at 9:30 AM, Schuyler said:

Welcome fellow Skyler! (I have the same name just spelled differently)

Do whitecloud eggs stick to the mops?

The eggs do not stick to the mops. But they love to spawn in them though. Once they spawn in the mops, the eggs will drop into the gravel. My whiteclouds seem to ignore the babies as long as there is a lot of cover.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2023 at 8:34 AM, Potaqua said:

The eggs do not stick to the mops. But they love to spawn in them though. Once they spawn in the mops, the eggs will drop into the gravel. My whiteclouds seem to ignore the babies as long as there is a lot of cover.

Ahhh so it's like how people will put a clump of java moss in a cup as a spawning site for other egg scatterers.

For how much people talk about whiteclouds this is the first I've seen anyone talk about breeding them

What other types of fish are you considering breeding?

• Like 1

Yeah, white cloud minnows are unappreciated in the aquarium hobby. 

At the moment, I am considering breeding Rainbow Shiners, Long Fin corydoras, Red tail black Variatus Platies, Long fin Bristlenose plecos, Cherry/snowball shrimp, and Trout Goodies (Greg Sage's). 🙂 Now it just comes with time and practice.

• Like 1