Anchor worms?

Hanks Tanks

Female GBR has a white, fuzzy raised line on top of her head. IMG_9267.png.22a2f4cbd1678598aa2f237196ec9771.png

parameters: 

amm/nitrite/nitrate: 0/0/0

ph: 6.4

Gh: 50 ppm

kh: 40 ppm

temp: 78

I started a general treatment with ich x and paracleanse, on the theory that I was looking at some sort of external fluke or parasite. Today is the last day I would add medicine for that.

I’m not noticing any progress so far and looking at pictures online it seems like it may be anchor worms which would require different treatment. It doesn’t seem to have that classic forked presentation but looks like some pics. 

my questions:

- is this anchor worms?
- if so and you’ve successfully treated it what have you used?

- I’m inclined to finish this medication before I start another, but if I’m barking up the wrong tree I don’t want to waste time. Finish the medication and do a water change in two days like the paracleanse package suggests, or water change now, get a fresh start, and work on a different treatment plan?

Thanks for any help folks!

On 10/12/2023 at 5:00 PM, Hanks Tanks said:

Female GBR has a white, fuzzy raised line on top of her head. IMG_9267.png.22a2f4cbd1678598aa2f237196ec9771.png

parameters: 

amm/nitrite/nitrate: 0/0/0

ph: 6.4

Gh: 50 ppm

kh: 40 ppm

temp: 78

I started a general treatment with ich x and paracleanse, on the theory that I was looking at some sort of external fluke or parasite. Today is the last day I would add medicine for that.

I’m not noticing any progress so far and looking at pictures online it seems like it may be anchor worms which would require different treatment. It doesn’t seem to have that classic forked presentation but looks like some pics. 

my questions:

- is this anchor worms?
- if so and you’ve successfully treated it what have you used?

- I’m inclined to finish this medication before I start another, but if I’m barking up the wrong tree I don’t want to waste time. Finish the medication and do a water change in two days like the paracleanse package suggests, or water change now, get a fresh start, and work on a different treatment plan?

Thanks for any help folks!

Can you get a side on picture it's difficult to tell   off your picture 

On 10/12/2023 at 10:14 AM, Colu said:

Doesn't look like anchor worms to me possibly the start of hold in the head the recommended treatment is metronidazole in food that the active ingredient in metroplex feeding a small amount twice a day for upto 3 weeks @Hanks Tanks

1000000024.png

Ok interesting. I had leaned away from that because in person it definitely looks raised rather than eroded. I think what I will do is finish this medication round and keep watching really closely. I can start metroplex on Saturday if it looks more like hith or gets significantly worse. Thankfully I actually have metroplex on hand!

thanks a ton for the feedback @Colu If anyone else has a differing opinion let me know, I’m always trying to learn more about this stuff.