Easy stem plants?

Hi all! Some time early next year, I’m planning on setting up a 40g “species only” tank for Pygmy cories, and I’m planning on planting the entire back half. Right now I have some Italian Val and some thinner swords, and I’m looking for an easy stem plant that preferably will grow pretty quickly. If anyone has any ideas, please share them here! 

pogostemon stellatus is a great beginner plant. I have some and it grows pretty fast. when you trim it will grow roots just floating. you can plant it in sand gravel etc. I got one plant from ac for my 20g and I was able to grow enough to spread it out to my 10gal and 55gal.

images (3).jpeg

In addition to Pogostemon, you could do guppy grass. Last year, I kept my group of 7 paleatus cory's in a 10 gal tank for a few months with some shrimp when they weren't in the tub or the 29 gal tank, and I let it grow pretty thick and they LOVED it. I wasn't trying to spawn last year but they went for it. I just float it in a clump in my 29 gal tank, where they are again this year, but it can be planted. It's nice because if you want to breed, you could try clumping some together on the bottom and you might be able to pull that instead of using a mop (just a guess.)