60 gallon stocking

Lillypad

Hi all!

I recently just got a 60 gallon freshwater (230liters)

48Lx18Wx16H

I am cycling it now, so it will be a little bit before adding fish, but just planning ahead. I have a few ideas already, but feel free to add your own and comment on any issues you see with my current stocking.

Water parameters depend on type of tank:

Ph- 6.4-7

Amm.-0, NO2-0, NO3-below 40

I don’t remember water the hardness is, but I do know that I have very soft water

Planted driftwood scape

Centerpiece - x6 angelfish

I definitely want angelfish, so something to live with them. I like lots of other cichlids. I also like gouramis and bettas (people seem to have different opinions on whether angelfish make good betta tank mates). Any advice on stocking options?

This may be random, but I put together this stocking list. Any tips and warning welcomed!

x1 angelfish - I love angelfish, but I felt 6 was too many, and that they may not get along in the future.

x5 Keyhole Cichlids

x1 apistogramma pair

x6 Hoplo Catfish - was going to go for cories, but want to try something new.

x6 Red Rainbowfish - I’m slightly concerned about the temperature here; I believe they prefer colder water, like 77 and below, but I’m planning on having the tank at around 80 degrees.

x6 Roseline Sharks - last but not least, the rose line shark. A small, supposedly peaceful shark to hopefully get along with the angelfish.

Perhaps some flame tetras, but now that this is a stocking list with bigger fish, they may be a bit to small.

I am thinking of adding giant water lettuce as a sort of ‘lid’ for the tank, instead of an actual lid, but will the fish still likely jump?

I like rope fish too, but I believe they will eat the other fish. Or perhaps a zig zag eel?

• Like 1