Angelfish Fry

Bettabythedozen

Thank you all so much for the help in getting our first successful batch of angels!! 

I was wondering, when do you feed ? I have a FEW free swimmers out of hundreds, will they be okay waiting until the rest are free swimming? I do still see egg sack so I believe we just have some early bloomers 🤍 

Live brine shrimp are ready , I also have Hikari first bites!

82334B1C-5C1A-4E21-9745-497F4AF84298.jpeg

Edited by Bettabythedozen

Agreed with @anewbie. There is still a visible yolk sac so no need to feed. 

As soon as that’s gone I use first bites for the first couple of days. Morning and night. I dip a cut off straw into the pouch, and then just a couple of taps is all you need. 

The nice thing about Angels is they can almost immediately take baby brine shrimp. I just usually wait a couple of days to ensure they can eat it and it doesn’t go to waste. 

If you have questions hit me up!

• Love 1

Thank you so much I tried a dash today , some definitely  seemed interested while most were just hanging out lol !! Also I really appreciate all of your help and advice. It will really come in handy 

I JUST rescued these angels dumped at petco, similar story to the parents of the first batch. If only people knew that “aggressive behavior” was them being preparing to be great parents! 5 days of being with me and we have eggs! 

29FD1308-9E90-43EE-AC6B-4B4E225E962C.jpeg

695DB648-59ED-4B81-BE0B-6D737CEBD15C.jpeg

• Like 1

One of the lessons I had to learn when I first started breeding fish was 1. Make sure you have the space to raise them and most importantly, 2. Make sure you have a way to sell/trade for store credit/give away/re home your fish! I’ve put myself in sticky situations by breeding too many of fish that don’t move fast. 

Things can get out of control quickly, especially with egg layers that lay hundreds of eggs. Even though I have good relationships with a couple LFS’s, I still only hatch partial Angel spawns. 

No worries with the help. Happy to do it! Keep me in the loop. I wanna see these little guys and gals grow up!

• Love 1

Oh absolutely, I have atleast 2 store locations waiting for my fry… I began getting my name out there just giving away livebearers so people knew I was reliable and trustworthy.

Currently out of work for 6 months , I have over 14 tanks set up currently with space for more and the capacity to do rack systems! Ive sold aquatics for years and have quite a few people in the community waiting ! Shipping is one thing I am apprehensive about but do have experience with and have the capabilities to ship from and print labels from home ! 

im also a teacher so I donate my old tanks and set up classrooms all the time with fully planted set ups and just do the maintenance for them monthly until they’re comfortable. I also have given many set ups and tanks to parents/members of the community and love educating on fish care! 

Edited by Bettabythedozen
  • Like 1